We have a vibrant, friendly, energetic team who come from a variety of backgrounds and work really well together. We aim to make a patient’s stay in hospital more bearable, by visiting patients, chatting to them and offering them the distraction and joy of listening to the music of their choice through the request show. We also air other specialised programmes; such as Soultime and Country Show.
How to join us
Membership of Hospital Radio Exeter is subject to many factors.
Firstly, you need to fill in the application below, then you may be invited for a short interview so that we can get to know more about you, your skills and your interests. If you are successful, you would have to attend a mandatory half day induction at the Hospital before joining the station and being allowed to visit patients. Before you become a full member, you must complete a minimum 3 months probationary period.
This is to ensure that both we and you are happy.
(Minimum age 18 to join Hospital Radio Exeter)
We ask everyone to do one regular evening each week. During this evening, you will spend an hour on the ward collecting requests from patients and showing them how to tune into the radio, the following hour is spent in the Studio playing the songs that have just been requested.
We also ask everyone to do one Sunday per month as we broadcast the chapel service to our patients. Please speak to us at interview if this would cause a problem for you.
What you can expect from us:
- A unique and richly rewarding hobby.
- Friendly atmosphere within the station.
- Regular social events.
- The opportunity to present, and/or assist with, programmes, using our state of the art broadcasting studios (conditions apply).
What we expect from you:
- ALL members are expected to help with the essential fund raising activities within the organisation.
- As a registered charity we are expected to raise all funds ourselves. Broadcasting does not come cheaply.
- Upon acceptance, a donation of a minimum £30.00… (payable annually) will be asked.
This is an annual payment, but can be paid in instalments. If this is a problem for you please do discuss it with us as we wouldn’t want this to put you off donating your valuable time.
- That your conduct and dress code be within acceptable standards at all times during your time spent with HRE.
We do ask for a donation and regular effort and commitment because without regular effort there would be NO Hospital Radio Exeter. We have a very hard working and fun team, so if you’d like to join us please click below.
Your membership application may be declined, with no reason given.
If taken on as a member all applicants will need to attend a mandatory
half day induction at the Hospital before joining the station.
Upon submitting your application you are agreeing that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
To download an application form HRE-Application-Form
Complete the download form and post to us.
Hospital Radio Exeter
Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford),